Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Thirty-six – Silver Beaded Flip Flops

Today was grocery day.  I hate grocery shopping. I mean, do you realize how many times you handle that can of black beans, when you grocery shop? Take it off the shelf, put it in your cart. Take it out of your cart, put it on the belt. Take it off the belt, put it in your bag. Take it out of the bag at home, put it in your cupboard. Take it out of the cupboard, and open it! Grocery shopping just exhausts me. I didn’t have a lot to shop for, so I was only there for 40 minutes. I’ve been keeping track of my caloric intake, keeping a food journal, and also my exercise, with an app on my iTouch and I found out I burned 144 calories just grocery shopping! That’s more than a 20 minute brisk walk! No wonder I’m tired. I certainly earned that Skinny Cow ice cream treat I had when I got home!

So, if I’m gonna grocery shop, my least favorite of all the household chores I have do to in a given week, at least I can wear a cute pair of shoes to cheer me up:

shoes-1-26

Besides the “bedazzled” flip flops, I’m totally digging my plum colored toenails this week too. Even Nathan noticed and liked them! Now that’s what I call success!

No comments:

Post a Comment