Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day Twenty-two – Fleece Line Clogs

Curses on the East Wind!
For those of you who don’t live here in Duluth, you probably have no idea what I’m talking about, but if you are “lucky” enough to live along the North Shore, you know exactly what I’m speaking of! Yesterday my days of flip flops and sandals came to an abrupt end. And here I thought no one would get a glimpse of my winter shoes til. . .well, winter. Silly me. Even after nearly 8 years in Duluth, I’m still a Missouri girl at heart. I expect summer to feel like summer. Crazy, I know.
But, when the East wind blows it brings migraines, gale size waves on Lake Superior and freezing cold temperatures. Monday was balmy, sunny and about 75. Tuesday was blustery, pouring rain and about 50. You’ve never experienced cold until you’ve felt a Lake Superior lake wind.
Hence the fleece lined clogs. I picked up these little beauties last winter. Still cute, but boy, do my feet stay warm in them.
shoes-1-17
Hopefully warmer temps will return very soon, cuz I just painted my toenails last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment