Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Thirty-five – Beaded Flip Flops

Today I wore a pretty basic pair of flips, but they are super comfy and go with pretty much everything.

shoes-2-6

I like that I can wear these for a low-key walk.  Today the kids and I walked down to “the Dredge.”  We are lucky enough to live a block from Mission Creek and a spur of the Superior Hiking Trail.  So, we frequently head down to end of 131st Ave W., then down the gravel road to the creek and sometimes up the trails. Most days though, we just walk to the creek and the Dredge where when it really rains, the Dredge catches all the junk, trees and whatnot, that washes downstream. There’s a great, deep hole that when it’s really hot, we like to swim in. It’s almost Mayberry-ish. As I sat on a rock and watched Laura and Daniel hop around on the rocks in the creek, I enjoyed the bubbling water, the wind through the pines and just thanked God I was so blessed to live in such a beautiful area.  Not a bad destination for a pair humble flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment