Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day Seventeen – My Favorite Shoes

You’d think out of 70 or 80 pairs of shoes I’d have a hard time picking just one pair of shoes to be my favorite. But, this pair wins, hands down.

shoes-1-12

Red high heels are magical. The ruby slippers got Dorothy back home. Kelly Pickler wrote a song about her red high heels:

“But you say that you’ll call and you don’t
And I’m spinning my wheels
So I’m going out tonight
In my red high heels”

The first time time I saw these shoes I broke down and begged. I’m not above begging for a pair of shoes. I told Nathan I “needed” them. He raised his eyebrows at me. “OK,” I conceded. “I don’t NEED them, but I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY want them.” He bought them for me, “Not because you need them, but because I love you and want to give you a gift.”

Again, yes, I realize I’m a spoiled brat. :) But, I don’t take the love of my wonderful hubby for granted. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment