Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day Thirty – seven – Crocheted Flip Flops

These flip flops conjure up some great memories:

shoes-1-27

I got them in Saint Augustine, Florida four years ago on the most perfect vacation ever. Seriously. I had just come off of another long, depressing, cold Minnesota winter. AND, I had just had my fourth and final sinus surgery, a frontal sinus obliteration. My parents rented a beach house and our family, my sister and her daughter, my parents and my grandma all stayed there. It was such a wonderful week.

DSC01984

We would wake up in the morning, run over the sand dune, lay on the beach, jump in the ocean when we were hot, fry in the sun some more, pick sea shells. It was just the most relaxing week ever. Oh, and did I mention warm!?  Plus, it was a week to be with my entire family without any interruptions, which is always priceless.

DSC02005

DSC02049

Wow, this really makes me want to go to the beach right now! And it makes me miss my family. I can’t wait til the end of July when my sister’s family comes for a visit and we can sit and visit. So, maybe Park Point isn’t Florida, but it’s still a beach!  And the relationships that grow and the memories made are always more important that the destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment