Thursday, October 22, 2009

Suppertime!!

At our house there has always been a strong rule that unless you are sick or have a good reason to be gone you have to be at the table for supper. So at the end of a day no matter how tired we are or how long dad had to work we always sit down as a family and enjoy time together. Well as I started to grow up I started going to peoples’ houses for sleepovers and things like that. And all of a sudden I realized that supper was more than just a time to eat, but a time to savor. When I went to one friend’s house when I was about ten years old the mom had to go get something from her sister’s house. So the dad threw a pizza in the oven and then went to the “family room” to watch some news or football game. When the pizza was ready my friend’s brothers went and ate on the floor in the family room and my friend and I sat at the table to eat with her youngest brother that was about 4 or 5 and still needed help. Well right after supper the little boys wanted to watch a movie so we went and watched a movie with them. When the movie was over I watched this friend go pick up her sleeping brother and tuck him into bed. It broke my heart to see the sister who baby sat the brothers quite often, have to tuck her brother into bed instead of her parents. Daniel's Birthday-04 

So I just wanted to thank my parents so much for spending a lot of time with us. And I am thankful for my brothers.I love my family very much!

1 comment:

  1. Good observations, Laura!! I thought it was your mom typing it about her growing up around the "family table" until you said you were thankful for your brothers! You guys need to put your names at the end of your blogging so this ol' lady knows who's talkin'!! :-)

    Tell your mom that I'm so glad to be an "Approved Commenter" on your blogsite!!
    Love you!!!!!!!! Cupcake

    ReplyDelete