Thursday, October 22, 2009

How to Get a Snuggle

Everyone knows boys and girls are different.  I am blessed to watch these differences up close as I am the mom of both a daughter and two sons.  As my youngest son, Daniel, begins to grow bigger I’ve noticed a change in him.  He’s no long such a Mommy’s boy.  I say this with a little sniffle.  It’s harder to stop him for a hug, a snuggle and a kiss.  I asked him for a kiss on my cheek the other day which he gladly gave me, then I asked for a kiss on my lips and he promptly responded, “Ewww, gross Mom, not on your lips!”  Daniel is usually moving about 100 miles an hour all day long. 

 

BUT!  I’ve discovered something.  If I sit down quietly on the couch with a book; one of mine or one to read to him and I act like I don’t care if I get a hug or not, something extraordinary happens!  Daniel snuggles up next to me.  He rubs his face against my shoulder and wraps his arms around me and gets closer and closer until he’s completely invading my personal space. . .And I love it!IMG_2017_edited-1

No comments:

Post a Comment