Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grateful

Today was one of the most exhausting days I've had lately.  I've been in the process of redoing my bathroom.  Unfortunately all that's been in my head are lovely visions of new towels and shower curtains. And some new paint on the walls. But in the last two days I've had to get down to the nitty, gritty of scraping wallpaper off of the bathroom walls.  It's not a big bathroom, but, oh man, what a job. As I've scraped, I've discovered interesting things.  Like, another layer of wallpaper, lime green paint, sheetrock mud over the first layer of wallpaper. It's been a HUGE job.  My mother-in-love has been here this week-end and she has helped me scrape.  I don't know too many people who would be willing to do what she has done this week-end. She's inhaled the nasty fumes of wallpaper remover, which finally gave me a horrible migraine. She has killed her body and neck scraping wallpaper and glue from high on the ceiling and down low behind the toilet. Ugh.  I am immensely grateful to her for helping with with an insurmountable project.  I know it's going to look great eventually. Right now I think I'll go to bed, maybe have a good cry. :) But, the wallpaper is pretty much gone and now I have to figure out what comes next.  Thank you sooooo much Mom! You're the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment