Monday, May 17, 2010

Day Two – Charcoal Metallic Flip Flops

My sister says flip flops don’t count as real shoes. If that’s the case, I say hooray, because I don’t have to count the twenty-some-odd flip flops I own as “shoes” per se. Maybe there is redemption for me after all. I mean if flip flops aren’t real shoes, I don’t have THAT many shoes, right? I’m down to only 65 or 70 pairs. That makes me. . .ok still a shoeaholic.
So, my shoe choice today is pretty basic. And while I am a girl who can appreciate a pair of $1,000 Jimmy Choo’s (hey, I’ve made it my life’s oh-so-worthy ambition to own a pair of Jimmy Choo’s one day), I can also appreciate the wonderful deal of a pair of 2 for $5 Old Navy flips.  I mean, there’s filet mignon and there’s hamburger and both taste good, right?  Most of us just eat hamburger more often. OK, so I eat hamburger like ALL the time these days.
Still, Old Navy has a dazzling array of colors this season.  And at 2 pairs for $5, a girl can buy one for every summer outfit and not feel guilty. I was especially taken by their metallic flip flops, as metallic accents are very “in” this season, and they were just so much cuter than plain, old boring grey and black.
A pair of flip flops is the perfect excuse to show off a set of 10 perfectly pedicured toesies. Plus they make that cool and annoying (to some people) FLIP. FLOP. FLIP. FLOP. sound everywhere you go.
Yeah, can’t go wrong with flips. I basically live in them all summer long. As long as the mercury starts to climb above 70 here in cold Minnesota, I’m gonna have ‘em on my feet.
Hey, race you to Old Navy. I think I need a few more pairs.
shoe-1

No comments:

Post a Comment