Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day Five – Black Beaded Flip Flops

Oh the joy of spring in Duluth. This morning I put on my flip flops that matched my tank top and capri pants.

shoe-1-3

My toes were hangin’ ten in the breeze. Ah yes, the breeze. That ever present force we deal with here in Duluth.  When I went into Wal-Mart at 10:30 the breeze was a gentle, warm friend, making me think of lemonade in my hammock.  When I came out of the store a short 45 minutes later, the breeze had morphed into a 25 mph east wind off of Lake Superior. And we all know what that means! The temperature had dropped about 20 degrees in a half an hour.  Oh it still looked like a lovely spring day; the sun was shining, the birds were singing, but it felt more like March.

Of course, being the stubborn, first-born that I am, I convinced myself that I would be fine and no lake wind was gonna make me change my outfit that I had picked out for my date with my hubby later that evening.  Who knew it would be 45 degrees in Canal Park!? OK, in the back of my head I did know, but I just didn’t want to admit it to myself. Sigh. My toes practically fell off from frostbite, but I comforted myself with the fact that there were plenty of other girls hobbling around Canal Park in flip flops on numb toes.  Thank goodness I have a hot tub where I thawed my frozen tootsies when I got home.

Maybe I’ll learn someday to wear socks. It’s just that socks aren’t very cute with flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment