Monday, May 24, 2010

Day Seven – Polka Dot Garden Boots

Today I mucked around in my garden all day, so the only shoe I wore all day was my garden boots. They’re looking pretty muddy this evening as we had rain last night.

shoes-1-2

If you’re a gardener it doesn’t take long to figure out that tennis shoes don’t cut it in the garden.  Even those so-called “gardening clogs” don’t work so well.  All it takes is one good rain and you’re going to leave your shoes in the mud with the peas.  As hot as they may be on a muggy day, nothing beats a pair of tall, rubber boots in the garden. But, why not be cute while doing it? Hence, the black, polka dot boots I pull on every time I venture out into my vegetable garden.

Today I planted peas, sugar snap peas, green beans, pole beans, potatoes, onions, beets and carrots. I’ve also got strawberries, lettuce, asparagus, herbs and lots of perennials coming.  It doesn’t look like much more than bare dirt and a few small green things now, but in a few months, there will be mouth-watering treats coming out of that dirt! That makes all the mud and my sore back worth it!  I hear my hot tub calling my name.

shoes-3

No comments:

Post a Comment