Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day One – Blue Satin Mules

I’m sorry to say, this blog is about to get a whole lot shallower. I was challenged by my daughter, Laura, to wear a different pair of shoes everyday for as long as I could and blog about it. Yeah, I know, very, very deep. Very insightful. However, this is the beauty of the Internet and blogs. If you don’t like it, don’t read it! If, however, you have always heard of the mythical quality of Molly’s Shoe Collection; well’s here’s your chance to glimpse it. Although, I may have to take a break in August when I run out of summer shoes, cuz I ain’t wearing brown clogs in August. But, then again, I may not run out of shoes! We’ll see.

Day one: Blue Satin Mules.

shoes-2

Is it possible that I am the only person who actually owns something called a blue satin mule? And to think, I almost, ALMOST got rid of this little gem! Shocking, I know. But, I was trying to be a good person and clean out my closet at least somewhat (and when you get rid of some shoes, you can buy more!) I thought, I don’t wear those at all anymore, I think I’ll get rid of them. In fact, this morning they were actually in a bag, in the back of my van ready for the next trip up to Saver’s.  Yes, these blue satin mules could have been yours, except for a fashion crisis!!! I had on another outfit this morning that I decided made me look like a sausage. I ripped it off and decided on a brown and light blue dress and was debating over two pairs of dark brown sandals when I remembered these lovelies! This is why I kept them in my closet! Simply for this one particular dress. Yes, I am the kind of girl that buys shoes for one outfit and this was the outfit. So, the blue satin mules went back to a place of honor in my shoe collection.

HUGE. Sigh. of. relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment