Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Story of a Cherished Shoe

By Laura
Once upon  time I, brown shoe size nine, was sitting on the sales rack just waiting for the right person to come along and bring me home. I had had a tough life before this, heartbreaking, I was picked up and thrown around. Bought and returned a million times. Until they stuck me on the sale rack to rot away. Until one chilly spring day I saw her coming to get me. She was striding down the aisle straight toward me! “Here mom these are the ones! And they fit perfectly!” she said. It was the sweetest voice I had ever heard and I knew I was going home.

Well she started wearing me everywhere. I went to church, the store, walks, ski practice, people’s houses, grandma’s house anywhere she went I went, all her friends were my friends. You could just say we were best buds! For two whole years. She took such good care of me too! Washed me when I got muddy. Super glued me when I broke. Dried me when I was wet! It was super! 

Then one frightful day she came back with two new pairs of flats and I guess they were in better shape than I and probably more cute too. Guess what she did? She picked me up and threw me away. So now I guess my life is over and I am glad for what I got out of it. So good luck new pair of flats and goodbye dear friend.DSCN1401

No comments:

Post a Comment