Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Forty-six – One Shoe to Rule Them All

There are shoes, and then there are Shoes, with a capital S. That’s what these shoes are. As my friend, Lindsey, so aptly put it, “Those aren’t shoes, those are a work of art.”

shoe-1 

This shoe is no shrinking violet. This shoe says, “Sit up! Take notice! Pay attention to ME!!!” And that’s exactly what I did that fateful day last winter. I walked into the store, and spotted this shoe from afar. Everything else went fuzzy around me as I honed in on The Shoe. I knew I had to have it. And I bought it. No questions asked. No bargaining. No arguing. You don’t argue with a shoe like this, you simply take it home and cherish it.

I called Lindsey that night and said, “I just bought the most gorgeous pair of shoes EVER at Charlotte Russe today.”

“Oh my goodness,” she exclaimed. “Are they the grey suede peep toe wedges with the ruffles down the front!?”

“Yes!” I said. “How did you know!?”

“Because,” answered my sole sister. “I saw those last week and drooled over them for at least a half an hour. The only reason I didn’t get them was because I’m being deployed in a month!”

Poor Lindsey. I contemplated going back and buying her a pair.

I should have.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, that heel? It’s 5 inches tall. And no, I haven’t fallen off it.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment