Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day Forty-one – Silver Stilettos

You know a pair of shoes like this has a story behind them:

shoes-1-30

I got these shoes because Nathan lost a dare.

We were at TJ Maxx several years ago after Daniel was born, and I saw these shoes.  I begged for them.

“Please,” I said. “I’ve been doing the mom-thing for so long, and I just NEED a pair of ridiculous, stilettos.”

Nathan eyed them dubiously. “There’s no way you can even WALK in those things!”

“Oh yes I can,” I assured him.

“OK,” he said. “If you can actually walk from one end of the aisle to the other in these shoes without falling or wobbling, I’ll buy them for you.”

The dare was on. Nathan should have known better. Girls like me are born to walk in shoes like these.

I slipped them on my feet and just for added effect I not only walked in the shoes, I sashayed like a model on a catwalk for him, complete with a pivot turn at the end of the aisle. I came back to stand in front of him with “Right Said Fred” rolling around in my head.

“I’m too sexy for these shoes,” I said. “Pony up baby. You owe me a pair of shoes.”

He may outdo me in logic and math and all things electrical, but darn it, don’t dare me to walk in a pair of 4-inch stilettos!  I’ve got you beat hands down in that category. Bring it on Buster.

No comments:

Post a Comment