Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day Thirty-eight – Brown Leather Wedge Sandals

My sister bought these sandals for me at, where else, DSW.

shoes-1-28

What would two shoe-loving sisters do without a DSW to shop together in?

I realized as I began to think about this post that at least 1/3 of my shoes, other people have bought for me.  Which got me thinking, “Wow, lucky me, I have a lot of people who love me.” This is not to be at all narcissistic and self-centered, but just thinking: what are we always most thankful for when we count our blessings?  Usually the first thing to come to mind is our friends and family. 

My love language is gifts. I love to shower gifts on those I love, and I feel most loved by the expression of gifts from my loved ones. So, when my mom, or my sister or Nathan buys me a pair of shoes, it’s not the shoes that I am so excited about (although those who choose to misunderstand me would disagree), but it is the love I feel from that person.  The same way you might feel if your loved one took a walk with you, or said something encouraging or washed the dishes for you, I feel most loved by a gift. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it can be as simple as Laura picking me a bouquet of wildflowers.  It’s truly the thought that counts. When I wear a pair of shoes bought for me by a loved one, I remember the love behind the gift and the giver that I love so much.

“People see me as a birdbath, I am a well.”

-Lisa Samson “Straight Up”

No comments:

Post a Comment