Saturday, January 16, 2010

My New Pet Peeve

I just realized I've got a new pet peeve.  I've been hearing a lot of something lately, and I heard it again last night. I'm tired of hearing it.  Whenever I mention that I homeschool my kids, inevitably the response I get is, "Oh I could NEVER do that. I would never have the patience for that." When that response comes from a Christian it really irks me.  Why?  Well, Philippians 4:19, that's why. 

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." 

I don't what particular difficult thing Christ is asking you to do in your life right now, but I do know that when we are abiding in Christ He gives us the strength to do whatever he asks of us.  It may not be homeschooling he's asking you to do, but I do know that a few years ago I didn't think I could homeschool either and it's definitely not my gift, but He has given me the strength, day by day, to teach my children when I abide in Him.

What is seemingly impossible thing is God asking you to do?  Nothing is impossible with God.  You can do ALL things, not in your own power, but through Christ who gives your strength.  Stop saying, "I can't." And say, "Christ can!"

1 comment:

  1. People say that to me about staying home and having so many kids! :)

    ReplyDelete