Friday, December 25, 2009

Why I Love Christmas

Christmas is my favorite holiday and there are so many reasons why.

- I love the tree all decorated with white lights and my favorite ornaments.  Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has bought me a new ornament, usually something related to a happening in the past year. I have all those ornaments on my tree now. I do the same thing for my kids too.  This year, I bought ornaments for Nate and Daniel that are little boys on snowboards, because they are learning to snowboard.  Laura got a skier ornament, since she is on ski team.  I love my tree all lit up, heaped with presents on Christmas Eve.

christmas-13

- I have a set of Christmas china that I only get out once a year.  There’s something about a beautifully set table.  I love to decorate my Christmas table with my Christmas china and make a pretty centerpiece.  This year we all laughed as I was setting my table.  I was arranging the candles and kept sending Laura upstairs for, “Another candle, please Laura. Oh, and some greenery.  And see if you can find a few poinsettias!”  Nate chimed in, “And a partridge in a pear tree.”

christmas-04

christmas-02

- I LOVE pumpkin pie.  I didn’t get any at Thanksgiving this year because we were at my in-laws house this year and pumpkin pie has eggs in it. But, I made the Christmas dinner, so I made pumpkin pie with egg replacer.  You can’t tell difference.  And everyone wanted apple pie today, so hey, this is GREAT! I have an entire pumpkin pie to myself! Sweet!

christmas-11

- OK, I admit. I’m a kid when it come to presents. I love them.  My love language is gifts. And I love that Nathan pays attention and shows his love for me by giving me gifts that I really, really want.  Like this cool, new purse.

christmas-12

- As long as we’re on the subject of presents. I really love seeing my kids get all excited about their gifts. Poor Daniel, he must have asked me 20 time yesterday, when we got to open our gifts. After the service, after dinner, then we get to, Daniel. He was practically quivering with delight when he got his Star Wars Captain Rex mask that he asked for.

christmas-14

- I love the low key day after eating dinner, sitting around playing games.  We got a few new ones this year.  Everyone always thinks we’re bizarre because we don’t have a TV and often ask, “So what do you DO, if you don’t watch TV.” Well, we read and we love to play games. Today we played a really funny game called “You’ve Been Sentenced” that is not only a lot of fun, but helps the kids learn grammar!

christmas-10

- More than anything, whether the weather is perfect, or whether it snows (or sleets!) I love being snuggled up in my warm house with my family for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment