Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Bad

I did something so completely moronic this past week, I’m almost embarrassed to admit it. But, I’m going to, in the hopes that you, my blog readers, will also ‘fess up to your brainless moments to make me feel better. Yes, I’m turning to my Internet friends for comfort and solace. Pathetic, I know.

So, I bought this awesome, new sewing machine two months ago, and it’s been working like a charm. I love it. But, the other night I was sewing with it in my kitchen and the foot pedal just quit working. I was so frustrated! I mean, c’mon! My brand new sewing machine! We looked at it and hemmed and hawed and I eventually brought it in to get it repaired.

Two weeks passed, and I was in quilting withdrawals. I finally pulled out my old machine and decided to sew with. My sewing room is kinda cold right now and messy, so I hauled my machine up to the kitchen and plugged it into the same outlet. Uh-huh, do you see where this is going?

It worked fine for awhile, but suddenly the foot pedal quit working! If I was a cartoon character a little light bulb would have appeared, BING! over Molly’s empty head. Could it be the outlet? I did what I should have done the first time and plugged the machine into a different outlet, and wouldn’t you know it worked just fine?

Not the sewing machine, just a faulty outlet.

I picked up my new machine from the repair place yesterday and skulked out, hoping they wouldn’t ask too many questions. I’m sure there’s some sort of lesson or conclusion I could draw from this, but right now I’m just feeling too silly.

One friend told me she bought a new curling iron when the same thing happened to her, but this friend and I have decided that we have one full brain between the two of us, so this didn’t make me feel much better.

Please, please, tell me I’m not alone in my stupidity! Or just laugh at my expense if it makes you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment