Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

It’s amazing what can be accomplished when one doesn’t have a headache! I was so glad today that my migraine went away, because I had big plans for St. Patrick’s Day. I usually don’t celebrate big, but I had some fun ideas thanks to the always creative folks at Family Fun magazine. But, my first fun idea came courtesy of my mom, who did this every year.  My kids were greeted first thing in the morning with green milk on their cereal. They all thought that was hilarious.

Later on in the morning Daniel and I decided to tackle rainbow cupcakes.

St. Patty's Day-02

This involved carefully dyeing six bowls of white cake batter all the colors of the rainbow.

St. Patty's Day-03

Then we carefully layered them in muffin cups and baked them.  I was somewhat anxious as to how they would turn out, but voila!

St. Patty's Day-04

St. Patty's Day-05

We added our own decorations with vanilla frosting and green sprinkles.

St. Patty's Day-06

We had to sample one to make sure they tasted ok and to see how cool they looked on the inside.

St. Patty's Day-09

St. Patty's Day-08

This afternoon we took advantage of the delightful spring weather and went for an hour long hike up in the woods. Admittedly the clothes were a bit strange. Shorts and rain boots for the boys. But, it was still pretty mucky.

St. Patty's Day-15

St. Patty's Day-12

St. Patty's Day-13

Our final project of the day was a fruit rainbow and pot of gold to go with our pizza. Looks yummy. Time to go eat all our hard work!

St. Patty's Day-16

No comments:

Post a Comment