Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day Forty-four – Teeny-tiny Silver Shoes

I love sparkly things in my hair. I love sparkly things; period. Nathan says I bling everything.

A few years ago on New Year’s Eve, Nathan and I went out for dinner and to the Symphony with our friends, Jim and Mardy Rodman. We were all dressed up, and I had put body glitter on my chest and then sprinkled some in my hair. I mean, what the heck? It was New Year’s Eve! We were having dinner at Blackwoods, and I realized Jim was looking at me funny.

“What!?” I asked, kinda paranoid.

“Do you have glitter. . . in your HAIR!?” he asked, slightly disbelieving.

Mardy and Nathan cracked up, because they know me well enough to know that yes, I probably did have glitter in my hair. But, poor Jim had never seen a girl with glitter in her hair!

Fast forward to this summer.

I was shopping with my mom at one of my favorite stores; Fig Leaf, in Canal Park. They had adorable, sparkly bobby pins and hair clips on sale, 5 for $10. That is an incredibly good deal. Usually, even at Target they can be $4 or 5 apiece. And these were really cute. Little bugs, grasshoppers, dragonflies, swirlies with flowers and a pair of bobby pins that I had to pick up and wore in my hair yesterday. I think you’ll understand why:

tiny shoes-1

No comments:

Post a Comment